PACTS is run by a small Steering Group of dedicated parent/carers who listen to what our members want and organise events and workshops to support them. The Steering Group also applies for the funding needed to run PACTS and ensures it’s spent wisely. It oversees the work of the four teams below, which are responsible for different PACTS activities. All Steering Group members are volunteers and members of at least one of these teams.
This is a very important team as everyone likes to get news of local and national events and people to help us support our children and young people better. Among other things, the Communications Team:
- Maintains our website & social media platforms
- Advertises events, workshops, training & coffee mornings
- Communicates with members latest news, information & signposts to services
- Listens to what’s on the minds of parent/carers and relays general concerns to health and council officials
Every year we run a range of workshops and events for parent/carers, including our highly successful annual Information Day. We also appear at other local and regional events to promote the work of PACTS. The Events Team does things like:
- Managing the events calendar
- Booking venues, speakers and managing the bookings
- Organising people and materials for PACTS stalls at events
The Speaking Team listens to what families say about services and support for those with SEND in Stockport and puts their views (anonymously) to officials in meetings. It also works constructively with local officials to make things better for our children, young people and families. The Speaking Team is represented on most groups in the local authority and Clinical Commissioning Group that deal with SEND for the 0-25’s.
Behind the scenes the Office Team deals with membership applications and ensures we maintain supplies of publicity and information used at events and workshops. The Office Team role includes:
- Maintaining our membership database and Max cards
- Helping with administration in our busy office
- Dealing with a range of other jobs which keep PACTS running smoothly